I am fortunate to have a mother who loves me and supports me. I am very grateful for her. But I feel like it’s important to remember some people don’t wish to celebrate this day, and that’s ok.
It’s ok to hate your mom, it’s ok to not know quite how to feel about your mom, and it’s ok to love her but feel like you should hate her (and vice versa). Some of us haven’t exactly had great experiences with their parents. Some of us have to deal with anti-trans bigotry and ableism and all kindsa stuff and abuse from our parents. It’s awkward as heck in general to admit that our mothers aren’t great and that we don’t love them unconditionally because people seriously believe that you MUST love your mother and if you don’t, you’re evil and being deliberately mean to people whose mothers have died. Mothers day increases this pressure by a heck of a lot.
But still, some of us have complicated or bad or non-existent relationships with our mothers. Some of us just can’t love her anymore, while some of us wish they could stop loving her. And that’s ok. We’re not bad people. Things just aren’t as sunshine and rainbows as we would prefer.
Yes. And some people were raised by a father or non-binary parent and don’t have a mother, and some people’s mothers died. And that’s okay too and it’s okay to feel terrible today <3
this dude s1llys1ckness is reblogging completely non-sexual photos of my friend to his weird chaser porn blog and adding messed up lewd comments and he won’t leave her alone even after she asks him to stop
so yeah if you could please do the reporting thing that would be gr9
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online without revealing your credit card number.
general cw on this post for rape and suicide
my paypal is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sighs okay, yet again, I’m doing the casually beg for money thing. I bet you’re all so excited to be following me and my never-ending rollercoaster ride of debts and unexpected costs.
Here is the deal:
- My father is disabled and my mother cares for him (and my two baby sisters).
- We are on benefits.
- I attend an art course at my local college which we get benefits for. But!
- My rapist brother works at this college and cannot be fired since nine year old me thought she deserved it.
- The support system that was meant to be in place has not been, at all. Literally, one teacher left for six months. I’ve had nobody solid to turn to, my emails have been lost, and the office is on-campus which is obviously no longer a safe space for me.
- I would literally rather kill myself than go on campus, to the point where I have prepared the things I need to do so if I am presented with a “come in or get kicked out” ultimatum.
- I cannot drop out of college unless i have some form of income to replace the benefits we lost. It’s £20 ($30) a week paid out and a host of tiny other things such as me not having to pay rent which would come to about £50 ($70) a week, at a guess.
- Obviously i do not have that money and therefore cannot afford to drop out of college even though it’s making me a suicidal distant wreck of a person.
- I don’t know where else to turn, tumblr.
- £400 ($600) would cover every possible expense incurred by me dropping out until i can get a job, and allow me to apply for A-Levels at the other local college which is incidentally like 20 miles away from the one where my rapist brother works and therefore definitely safe for me.
- My parents will most likely murder me outright for doing this, but my mental health matters more than their approval, and I would rather be their still-alive college dropout daughter than dead. Having money saved up will mean that when I do drop out, the only thing they we have to worry about is how much of a failure I am in their eyes, and not, you know, being homeless.
I know not everyone can afford to donate to this and I know a lot of people have already shelled out to keep me and mine fed and alive and in our house and I know that I shouldn’t be asking this of you but here I am, yet again, on my knees.
I’ve tried to stick with college, tried to pick up my books and work without having panic attacks, tried to go on campus and into class without having to down half a bottle of whiskey for courage and cry in the bathroom when I get home - I’ve tried and tried and tried and it’s not worked, and I don’t know what else to do.
So, even if it’s just a reblog, please. Help me.
I like HOW NO ONE CARES MY UNCLE IS MISSING IN BOSTON because I’m not a big blog. You would rather get notes for saying “Pray for Boston” than provide me with resources. Please stop blogging about Zayn and Michael and pay attention to the victims.
^^^ IF ANYONE KNOWS INFORMATION/ANYTHING PLEASE HELP US.. THIS IS IMPORTANT COME ON GUYS WE ARE A FAMILY WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO TRY AND HELP HER DARN IT
From The Gender Book by Mel Reiff Hill and Jay Mays (and a big beautiful community!)
I think the ask what real name thing is problematic because you know people will think you mean your birth name and you definitely don’t want people asking you that. Chosen name would be better.
I love my school.
JUST BECAUSE MCR BROKE UP PLEASE DO NOT KILL YOURSELF. YES THEY WERE GREAT BUT YOU KILLING YOURSELF WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE
I’m sorry that you lost you’re favorite band, and one that might have saved your life once, but don’t let their break up decide your future because you are worth so much more than that.
This is my cousin’s 17 month old daughter, Annali. Isn’t she cute? She has an inoperable tumor on her liver, and she’s just finished the first of six rounds of chemo. She’s going to need a liver transplant, which is very expensive, so please click the link and donate what you can, or just reblog.
Please, Tumblr. Don’t make me bring up the chicken.
reblogging this because I know Manda. Give them a hand.