yo i wasn’t emotionally prepared for this so i may be tearing up a little bit
Can’t believe you’re packing your bags, trying so hard not to cry (too late). Had the best time, now it’s the worst time, but we have to say goodbye. Don’t promise that you’re gonna write, don’t promise that you’ll call. Just promise that you won’t forget…
My feelings on today and the 25th (actual graduation) summed up right here.
People calling Demi fat after knowing she went through an eating disorder…
It’s cocky of me to not want a child because I worry they won’t be like me.
But it’s only specific traits I want them to have that are also mine:
Is that still cocky?
So, I KNOW I printed out this essay, but we can’t find it anywhere and the “saved copy” of it on the computer is completely blank, so now I have to do this whole thing ALL OVER AGAIN. Great.
Out of every 100 rapes:
- 46 are reported to the police
- 12 rapes will resort in an arrest
- 9 rape cases are prosecuted
- 5 rape cases lead to a felony conviction
- Only 3 rapists will ever spend a day in jail
In a survey of 11-14 year-old boys:
- 51% believed rape was acceptable if a boy spent a lot of money on a girl
- 31% believed rape was acceptable if a girl had past sexual experience
- 65% believed rape were acceptable if a girl and boy had been dating for more than 6 months
- 87% believed rape were acceptable if the woman and man are married
A woman might not even have grown up understanding what rape is…because in a survey of 11-14 year-old girls:
- 41% believed rape was acceptable if a boy spent a lot of money on a girl
- 32% believed rape was acceptable if a girl had past sexual experience
- 47% believed rape were acceptable if a girl and boy had been dating for more than 6 months
- 79% believed rape were acceptable if the woman and man are married
In a survey of college males:
- 35% admit - anonymously - that they would rape under the circumstances that they could get away with it
- 1 in 12 admitted to committing acts defined as rape, but 84% of rapists did not recognize those acts as rapeIn yet another survey of college males:
- 43% of college-aged men admitted to using coercive behavior to have sex, including ignoring a woman’s protest, using physical aggression, and forcing intercourse.
- 15% acknowledged they had committed acquaintance rape; 11% acknowledged using physical restraints to force a woman to have sex.I could go on, but attitudinal surveys and acceptance of rape myths are far more telling than legal statistics.
I can’t even listen to “Red” by Taylor Swift without somehow relating the lyrics to this situation. No song can make me feel better right now. :(
So much make-up work, so little time.